Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB-
Houston Baptist University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Baptist
NCAA Division I-AA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.56 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.53 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.53 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management32Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science30Graduates
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology23Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities20Graduates
- Religious Studies13Graduates
- International Business12Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.65 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.77 responses
After Houston Baptist University
- Very Good245
My school is very small and pretty. The professors know you by name and you are much more than just a number. My school believes in God, therefore, my classes often talk topics within Christianity and even promote believing in Christ. The academic programs here are wonderful and not always easy, but the resources provided make success a clear destiny. The campus recreation and school life is great as well. They offer Cross Fit and Dragon Boat Racing, Paintball and Bible Studies; our fitness center (complimentary with enrollment at HBU) is pretty amazing! I wish my school was in a safer area of Houston; outside the school gates is very dangerous! After a football game, my family and I went to Denny's and just before leaving, I watched a man get shot! I also wish our new football team was much stronger, but that will come with time! Lastly, I wish Greek Life was aloud to have houses and had more support from within HBU.
- College Sophomore
- Sep 2 2015
HBU is a university that encourages each and every athlete to excel in their academic success as well in our sports. HBU has the full support of faculty and students, the team spirit is in every student! Through out the whole campus we show the support and Kiza (our school mascot) tends to be in every single game cheering our athletes. The pep-rallies every Friday before a game is what brings the students together to bring the strength and support. Go Huskies!
- College Junior
- 8 months ago
I love the overall experience I have achieved at HBU, I am a proud Husky! I am glad that not only have I taken courses in my profession but also taken the time to learn more about God and finding myself. Professors are focused on each and every student and the teacher-student ratio is small. Obtaining that one on one setting with Professors and students alike is refreshing. The university although private and Christian is well diverse. I am glad to call HBU my safe heaven.
- College Junior
- 8 months ago