Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodC-
- Student LifeB-
Hampton University is ...
Private not-for-profit, HBCU
NCAA Division I-AA
Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
Hampton University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.130 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.120 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.119 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management80Graduates
- Public Relations48Graduates
- Political Science and Government29Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management21Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration19Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.147 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.180 responses
After Hampton University
- Very Good463
Hampton university is a wonderful school that provides a conducive learning environment. Students are provided with every opportunity to learn. Hampton university encourages competition and diversity. But there needs to be some improvement. In the financial sector and the structure in general. The dorms need more space, the quality of food needs to be improved, updated resources for learning are needed and reconstruction of delapidating buildings will be greatly appreciated. Overall, it's fun being in Hampton university.
- 7 days ago
In my opinion Hampton University in the top for best looking campus. Hampton University, which is surrounded by three bodies of water, gives students the best view. Because Hampton University is the standard of excellence, it is reflected through our studies and the teachers that push us to be great.
- 23 days ago
So far my time at Hampton has been a learning experience socially. I feel like the social realm here is in the shape of a bubble with one box in the middle of it; thus, if you don't fit in that box then you might not fit in as well. However, the people are very friendly - you just have to be willing to seek out who your real friends are. Further more, some things at Hampton are malfunctioning for too long. Such as, the internet, its weak in many areas and the bandwidth is too small.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago