Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeA
Georgia State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Sun Belt Conference
Georgia State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.335 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.331 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.331 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 201 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.387 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.458 responses
After Georgia State University
- Very Good1627
An overall great experience to tour Georgia State University I enjoyed the college. The staff and faculty were very informative and patient when we asked questions.
- Niche User
- 10 hours ago
I have only been at Georgia State for a few months, but I love this school. There is so much to do and so many nice people. The school offers multiple ways for you to get involved and stay active. The energy of this school is just great and I can't wait to dive deeper into it.
- 1 day ago
What I like about Georgia State University is the setting around the school. I grew up in the suburbs and don't often get the chance to explore or be in such a urban environment. My major is mass media which will probably involve me having to work in the big city. Going to school in Atlanta gives me a chance to step out of my comfort zone and get used to function here. It gets me well adjusted to interacting with new people, dealing with traffic, and figuring out what I like and dislike. Going to Georgia State is really helping me in getting ready for my future.
- 9 days ago