Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodC-
- Student LifeA-
George Washington University is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Atlantic 10 Conference
George Washington University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.113 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.115 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.114 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Medical Laboratory Technician815Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies432Graduates
- Political Science and Government215Graduates
- International Business121Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.149 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.187 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 77 responsesReport
After George Washington University
- Very Good632
GW is an awesome school with tons of opportunities to take advantage. The administration and the professors really care and there are so many opportunities that you can take care of in terms of internships/research due to its location in the heart of DC. Theres always something to do here and the entire student body is driven and passionate about something.
- 19 days ago
GW is a great place so far. I am in the International Affairs program in the Elliott school, and the location couldn't be more perfect. The campus food is okay. Instead of a cafeteria your dining dollars can be used at different restaurants on campus. This is fine but it can get a little expensive. With normal cafeterias you can usually get a lot of food since its buffet style. The area itself is extremely safe, even at night.
- 23 days ago
im in the online program, so can't give much info as to what the school feels like. just what the professors are like
- College Junior
- 1 month ago