Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodC-
- Student LifeA-
George Washington University is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Atlantic 10 Conference
George Washington University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.113 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.115 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.114 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Medical Laboratory Technician815Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies432Graduates
- Political Science and Government215Graduates
- International Business121Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.149 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.187 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 77 responsesReport
After George Washington University
- Very Good633
GW is an amazing school to be at! Everyone at GW is generally knowledgable about politics and international affairs, so you are exposed to a wide variety of political ideologies. It's an incredibly diverse political environment. This environment then attracts political speakers and other opportunities! As a freshman, you can get internships in some of DC's most prestigious workplaces because we are one of the few schools in inner DC! If you aren't interested in politics, all of our social science programs are equally amazing and our business and engineering program is extremely underrated!
- College Freshman
- 11 months ago
I love it here and am having a great experience! The main issue with the school is the housing situation and not necessarily knowing where you're going to be placed on campus, but I am having a great time here. It's just like any other school, students have grievances with the administration, but because we are the most politically active campus(as we live in DC) they are just more vocal about them. You have to put in the work for grades and ultimately your experience at GW depends completely on how much effort you put into it. It's a great school and I'm glad I'm here, but ultimately your experience here is what you make of it.
- College Freshman
- 9 months ago
GW is what you make of it. You have to be your biggest advocate to get what you need, because it's very easy to be pushed off to the side. Reach out to your professors, build your network, and ask for what you want, because no one is going to reach out to you if you don't make the first move. I take great courses with great professors because I have older sisters in my sorority to ask about them, and I know myself well enough to know what will and won't work for me. Don't be afraid to hound your advisors, either!
- College Sophomore
- 9 months ago