Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeB+
George Mason University is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Atlantic 10 Conference
George Mason University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.246 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.247 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.247 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Police and Criminal Science314Graduates
- Information Technology264Graduates
- Rhetoric and Composition248Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies198Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities198Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.327 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.383 responses
After George Mason University
- Very Good1433
There seems to be a bit of a divide between students who live on campus and students who commute. For me, at least it can be hard to get involved with things and people on campus when you're balancing commuting and class and what have you. Still, the academics are outstanding, it's not a "college town" which is probably a good thing, and the diversity is above average.
- 1 day ago
The only things I would complain about are the parking and how dead the place feels on the weekend, but even then if you get a group of friends together it's not so bad. The professors are good, the engineering school is top notch, the gyms have great programs and equipment. The Johnson Center is the place to be on campus, with a lot of different places to eat when you get tired of the dining halls (and you will, trust me.) The campus is really beautiful and it's great being so close to Fairfax and DC. As always, visit the school before you make your decision, but I do not regret choosing George Mason for my college career.
- 2 days ago
I just started my freshman year of college here and it has been my dream school since my freshman year of high school. Of course even with it being my dream school there are some things that i'm not exactly fond of. The thing that really bothers me the most is the food which is odd considering how much we pay for a meal plan. Besides the food I am absolutely in love with the campus even though it's more than likely that I will run into some issues, I know that everything will be okay.
- 7 days ago