Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeA+
Florida State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Atlantic Coast Conference
Florida State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.396 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.404 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.401 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies552Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies389Graduates
- Political Science and Government361Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities287Graduates
- Hospitality and Tourism Management285Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 230 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.530 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.640 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 245 responsesReport
After Florida State University
- Very Good2436
Florida State University is what you make of it and what you want from it. The support is there for those that are serious about studying and achieving their goals. Like all universities there are distractions, but you have to stay focused and know how and when to manage down-times.
- 10 hours ago
This university has offered me everything I could have expected from a college and more. In terms of academics, I chose courses that are interesting to me and that apply to my major, and every course I have taken has been exceptional. My professors so far have been extremely helpful, some of them extending beyond the general expectations of a college professor. Aside from academics, there is never a dull moment at FSU. There is a plethora of activities to choose from every single day and night. Sitting in and watching Netflix is almost never an option because there is always so much to do and so many people to meet. It is a dream!
- 19 hours ago
Attending Florida State University was the best decision I have ever made! Coming a Florida State as a freshman and it being the first time I was away from home, it is safe to say I was a little nervous about making friends and adjusting to life away from home as a college student. The Florida State community made the whole process extremely easy. The university offers a wide variety of clubs that gave me the opportunity to easily meet so many people. The professors here always willing to help and will usually have weekly office hours if you need extra help. I can not wait for my next years to come at Florida State!
- 2 days ago