Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC
Ferrum College is ...
Private not-for-profit, Methodist
NCAA Division III (with football)
USA South Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.21 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.22 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.22 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies29Graduates
- Health Service Preparatory Studies27Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching21Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services18Graduates
- Business Administration and Management17Graduates
- Environmental Sciences16Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies13Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities13Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.22 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.31 responses
After Ferrum College
- Very Good114
There are no words to describe how the professors impacted their students. 95% of my professors were the most approachable, knowledgeable, and caring professors I could have asked for. I was part of the Health Sciences program, so I can't speak for the other disciplines, but I have heard many good things. The only downside is the price of the private school.
- Recent Alumnus
- 2 months ago
I'm still a new student so I cannot speak to the entire experience, but from what I have seen the faculty and staff truly care about us students and they take pride in working at Ferrum. To be honest I only chose Ferrum as a last resort, but I really wish I had visited before I decided because I would have fallen in love with the school from the first sight. The staff are really friendly and you get that very obvious southern vibe. Even the cafeteria staff was very friendly and introduced themselves and make you feel at home. The campus is considered small, but I would actually consider it a medium sized campus with a high school sized student body.
- College Freshman
- 3 months ago
The school is nice in my opinion, the weather can get crazy but the people here are nice and there are animals everywhere. It's a good school with what I am majoring in. Everybody knows each other and the professors try their best to help students succeed and be all that they can be.
- College Freshman
- 7 months ago