Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodA+
- Student LifeB-
Ferris State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Ferris State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Data not available
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.123 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.131 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.130 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Police and Criminal Science371Graduates
- Business Administration and Management246Graduates
- Engineering Technology97Graduates
- Health Care Management97Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering Technician89Graduates
- Graphic Design82Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities73Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.144 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.164 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 76 responsesReport
After Ferris State University
- Very Good639
I choose to attend Ferris State because it was far away from my hometown. Ferris is a complete 180 from the city I am from but, I have learned to love this school. It is a small school who has a lot of pride. The campus is not very large which is really nice in the harsh winters we have. You have many opportunities to get involved on campus with the wide range of RSO we have. Most professors really care about your grades and take to time out to really make sure you understand.
- 5 days ago
The college visit that I attended at Ferris State University was phenomenal. The tour guides were very helpful with showing the incoming freshmen the buildings they will be using and answering the questions that were being asked.
- Niche User
- 6 days ago
I attended a local community college for my freshman year and then transferred. Currently I'm a junior and have truly enjoyed my two years at Ferris State University. The whole campus community is very inviting and it was very easy to feel comfortable and feel at home. The faculty have been there for me any time I have questions. The school athletics have great support from the students and I'm proud to be a student at Ferris State University.
- 10 days ago