Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeB+
Evangel University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Pentecostal
NAIA Division I
Heart of America Athletic Conference
Evangel University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Data not available
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.43 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.43 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.44 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management85Graduates
- Biblical Studies55Graduates
- Elementary Education29Graduates
- Public Relations20Graduates
- Missionary Studies17Graduates
- Recreation & Fitness16Graduates
- Theological and Ministerial Studies15Graduates
- Radio, Television, and Digital Communication13Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.49 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.68 responses
After Evangel University
- Very Good331
Evangel University is such a great school! The staff and faculty really care about the students. They all work to make sure that each and every student can be successful and happy. One of my favorite memories was when I met my advisor for the first time. I had been communicating with him over email for a few months. When I finally arrived on campus he approached me, knowing immediately who I was, my major, and what we had been talking about over email. I was so impressed that he took the time to learn his student's names and faces before they even arrived on campus! It is also a great campus for students that want to pursue a deeper relationship with God. They provide a Christian environment. My relationship with God has strengthened so much since coming from Evangel. The students, staff, and faculty surrounding you helps to encourage you in every aspect of life, especially your walk with God. If I had it to do over again, I would pick Evangel University, every time!
- College Junior
- Jan 2 2014
A private school in itself is inevitably going to be expensive, however there are many scholarships for freshman and transfers, which is incredible! Even so, sophomores and upperclassmen who are not transferred are not eligible to receive those scholarships. Many people that I became very close with cannot go back to Evangel because of financial hassles. If there would be a way to include sophomores and the upperclassmen in a scholarship such as the one that freshmen and transfers receive, that alone would be an incredible help for all.
- College Sophomore
- June 12 2014
Evangel University is an incredible school. The professors truly care about the experience and success of the students'. The university is one, big family, and its awesome! President Taylor kicks butt, and the overall atmosphere of Evangel University is a comfortable place to worship God freely. Not only have I gained knowledge and experience, I have gained friends and family. This place is home.
- College Junior
- 11 months ago