Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB+
Eastern Illinois University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Ohio Valley Conference
Eastern Illinois University Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
Data not available
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.52 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.53 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.52 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities247Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science177Graduates
- Family Studies and Consumer Sciences164Graduates
- Elementary Education76Graduates
- Special Education and Teaching63Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.80 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.75 responses
After Eastern Illinois University
- Very Good394
In all my classes I have been taught by the professors themselves and not by teaching assistants. It's very easy to get around campus. Everyone is friendly. There are many resources to use, academic and otherwise. The campus is safe and it is a good study environment.
- College Freshman
- 17 days ago
I just started attending Eastern in August . The school is very interested in engaging students to learn and 8nvole them in los of school activities.
- College Junior
- 24 days ago
For the most part, I have had a great experience with my teachers. The class sizes are generally small, so most of the time it is the actual professors teaching the courses in classes of about 20 students. The largest class size I have experienced was 60 students, but the professors still taught the course. For the most part, the professors have been very concerned about student success, and have been very understanding and accommodating to personal conflicts.
- College Sophomore
- 1 month ago