Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeA
East Carolina University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
American Athletic Conference
East Carolina University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.183 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.186 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.185 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Elementary Education194Graduates
- Business Administration and Management192Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies181Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching158Graduates
- Public Health Education155Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.224 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.266 responses
After East Carolina University
- Very Good942
East Carolina University is honestly one of the best schools in the nation. The staff is so incredibly friendly and the campus is absolutely beautiful. When I first toured ECU in high school, I knew right then and there that it was the college for me. No other college atmosphere will compare to the one here at East Carolina.
- 7 days ago
East Carolina Was one of the best choices I made. I loved the campus and the pride the students and locals had for every home game. Every single Saturday the streets were full of people wearing purple and gold shouting school chants. The nightlife never disappointed it was always something to do. Academics were different then I though college would be. Since there were so many students enrolled the courses were packed with students. Not much one on one with Professors so you had to teach yourself things outside of class. Overall I loved the area and everything about the city.
- 7 days ago
I like the atmosphere and the teachers. Everyone is really nice and inviting. There is so much pride in this school I don't know how anyone could not enjoy it there.
- 13 days ago