Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodC-
- Student LifeB+
Drexel University is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Colonial Athletic Association
Drexel University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.155 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.162 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.162 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Mechanical Engineering226Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering105Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering97Graduates
- Health Service Preparatory Studies91Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 94 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.212 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.250 responses
After Drexel University
- Very Good883
Academics and opportunities (research, travel, and others) are amazing. The professors and staff in general are usually very good. My biggest bone to pick with Drexel is that, while they do give scholarships, the required courses, dining plans, and dorm/living plans are pretty much targeted towards emptying your wallet. For many classes, you will have to buy "Drexel edition" textbooks that are only found in the campus bookstore, where everything is much more expensive than in regular stores or on amazon. Also, on campus living is required for 2 years, and upperclassmen can only live in certain, super expensive dorms. There is the most bs meal plan required for freshman. I literally have wasted $6000 this year on food I don't even eat (I usually end up making my own food or buying much cheaper, yummier and most times healthier food from nearby shops). They also do a bad job accommodating vegan diets, so sucks for you if you are one.
- 9 days ago
Drexel University is a great school for those pursuing Engineering, Nursing, and even Business majors. They offer a variety of courses to suit your needs and even provide choices to create your own major. The only thing I would change is the tuition. It's understandable because it's a private school, but for those students who can't afford the school (such as myself) and have the options for loans, it's an easy way to get into a financial mess. Overall, it's a great school with amazing professors, but keep cost as a factor for consideration.
- 12 days ago
Drexel is a great school. Their professors care about the students and want understand the material and success in school and eventually their careers.
- College Sophomore
- 29 days ago