Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB
Delta State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Gulf South Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.18 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.19 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.18 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Elementary Education50Graduates
- Family Studies and Consumer Sciences36Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching30Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities29Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services28Graduates
- Business Administration and Management22Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.29 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.35 responses
After Delta State University
- Very Good115
Cleveland, MS is a small town compared to other college towns. Dining in Cleveland is great. From mexican to chinese to good home southern cooking, Cleveland has it all. It has a wide variety to pick from whether you want quick and cheap or fancy and expensive. Most restaurants offer student discounts and one is able to use their Okra-Green Kard at some places as well. My favorite restaurant to eat at in Cleveland is The Warehouse. The building is a remodeled old warehouse with tall ceilings and a down home feel to it. It is decorated with local artists artwork as well as old street and coca-cola signs. The food is amazing and the cost is average. I, personally, recommend the pan-seared parmesan crusted catfish--this is the Mississippi Delta and Cleveland is not far from the US Farm Raised Catfish Capital of the World, Belzoni. So of course, I stick to my roots and recommend the Catfish! Overall I do not think one could be dis-satisfied with the places you get to choose from in Cleveland.
- College Junior
- Sep 24 2012
I am on the softball team and our fan support is awesome! Students and the community support all of our sports and the community is so good to all athletes. All of our facilities are very modern and safe. As an athlete, I am accountable to the Athletic Department and the University as a whole for my actions on and off the field. It is stressed that I am a representative of the university and this makes me proud to be a part of such a quality organization.
- College Senior
- 6 months ago
Southern Convenience – Restaurants in Cleveland, MS are the most unique you will ever see. There are places such as Airport Grocery, which have a very cool antique look and the food is great. There are also other southern-style restaurants with a upscale flare such as A la Carte restaurant. It has a gift shop within the restaurant and the atmosphere represents the hospitable spirit that is the South!
- College Senior
- Feb 8 2012