Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeC-
Columbia College - South Carolina is ...
Private not-for-profit, Methodist
NAIA Division I
Appalachian Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.33 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.36 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.35 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Social Work and Youth Services35Graduates
- Behavioral Sciences21Graduates
- Business Administration and Management21Graduates
- Speech Language Pathology19Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities17Graduates
- Human Development15Graduates
- Early Childhood Education11Graduates
- Elementary Education11Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.26 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.44 responses
After Columbia College - South Carolina
- Very Good137
Columbia College curriculum does not prepare students for the world after graduation. Students who are top students while attending here go on to graduate school to be in remedial classes because they are not prepared. Most professors are passionate about what they are teaching, while others do not care either way. The way that situations/incidents are handle are not appropriate and instead of trying to fix problems they sweep it under the rug. The funding that is put into the school does not come directly to programs, buildings, or activities for students and they will not enclose that information to inquiring students. The only good program at Columbia college is the teaching program. The transfer rate is also really high because of dissatisfied students and parents.
- College Sophomore
- 7 months ago
As an athlete I can give the point of view of athletes here at Columbia College. We athletes support the other athletic teams as much as possible, because fan support is important to us. Our President is very supportive of each team as well, she attends our games often and contributes to the cheering as well. Our athletic facilities are of the best in our conference and we are proud of that. Sadly though, we only have one trainer, but he does an excellent job year round!
- College Freshman
- May 16 2013
I accidentally reviewed the housing with academics, but the rooms are very small you're supposed to share with one other person, share a 1/2 bathroom with three other girls, there's been a few hair balls in the hall way for months now (since before thanksgiving break and it's the end of January now) the kitchen is very small and located in the basement (which seems haunted) all buildings (except McNair which has the strictest rules and for mainly freshmen and transfer students) are very old and falling apart. There's also a lady bug infestation in most rooms during the winter, and just this morning a maintenance guy came in my room while I was sleeping. Residence life people are snobby and very difficult to work with.
- College Senior
- 11 months ago