Diversity

YesI'm interested, let this school know MaybeBookmark for later NoShow me better matches What does it mean to express interest?
Oops! There was an error.

Reload the page and try again.

Saving your interest We will attempt to notify this school of your interest. This school has been saved to your schools listyour schools list. This school has been removed from your recommended schools list.
For more schools, visit your recommended schools list.

Diversity

Reviews

{{ error }}
close
3 College Freshman

Diversity: There is some diversity however a majority of the people are white and from similar religious and economic backgrounds.

3 College Sophomore

Diversity: The majority of students attending this school are Caucasian. Ruffly 70% of the student population are males and the other 30% are females.

4 College Freshman

Diversity: There is not a lot of diversity on campus. The majority of the student body comes from well off families. There is not a lot of racial diversity either, the majority of students are white.

1 person found this useful Report
4 College Senior

Diversity: Students come from all over the world to attend CSM.

3 College Freshman

Diversity: There is a lot of diversity at Mines. You can find some very interesting people.

1 person found this useful Report
{{review.UserDisplayString}}

{{review.SectionLabel}} at {{review.EntityName}}:

{{review.Votes}} found this useful - Did you? Was this useful? Yes Report

Sorry, there are no reviews.

  • {{settings.pageNumber}} of {{settings.maxPages}}
  • Pages:
  • ... {{page}}

Student Author Overview

No summaries have been written about this school yet. If you are a student at this school, you should take the college student survey.

Facts & Statistics

African American
1%
Asian
5%
Hispanic
8%
International
6%
Native American
0%
White
74%
Unknown
4%
Historically Black College/University?
No
Tribal College?
No
Out-of-State Students
40%
Common States of Residence
  • California
  • Foreign countries
  • Oklahoma
  • Texas
  • Washington
Student Age Breakdown
Under 18: 1%
18-19: 33%
20-21: 30%
22-24: 18%
25+: 18%
Female Faculty
21%
Male Faculty
79%
Faculty Diversity
African American: 0%
Asian American: 9%
Hispanic: 3%
International: 17%
Native American: 1%
White: 69%
Unknown: 1%

Student Polls

How would you best describe your personal political beliefs?    Based on 34 responses

  • 0% Progressive/very liberal
  • 12% Liberal
  • 32% Moderate
  • 24% Conservative
  • 3% Very conservative
  • 12% Libertarian
  • 18% Not sure

How would you best describe the political beliefs of campus as a whole?    Based on 49 responses

  • 2% Progressive/very liberal
  • 10% Liberal
  • 27% Moderate
  • 24% Conservative
  • 4% Very conservative
  • 2% Libertarian
  • 31% Not sure

How diverse is the student body in the following areas?    Based on 51 responses

Totally homogenous
Extremely diverse
  • Economic status
  • Ethnic heritage
  • National origin (international students)
  • Political affiliation
  • Religious background
  • Sexual orientation

What political party do you associate yourself with?    Based on 28 responses

  • 29% Republican
  • 7% Democratic
  • 46% Independent
  • 7% Other party not mentioned
  • 11% I don't care about politics

How accepted is the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) community on campus?    Based on 20 responses

  • 30% Very accepted. LGBT students are treated no differently than non-LGBT students.
  • 55% Accepted. LGBT students are treated fairly, but there are still some people who aren't accepting of them.
  • 15% Somewhat accepted. LGBT students aren't necessarily out and proud on campus, for fear of intolerance.
  • 0% Not accepted. LGBT students generally stay quiet.

How accepted is the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) community on campus?    Based on 29 responses

  • 34% Very accepted. LGBT students are treated no differently than non-LGBT students.
  • 52% Accepted. LGBT students are treated fairly, but there are still some people who aren't accepting of them.
  • 14% Somewhat accepted. LGBT students aren't necessarily out and proud on campus, for fear of intolerance.
  • 0% Not accepted. LGBT students generally stay quiet.

How accepting is the campus community as a whole toward someone who falls into the minority (ethnic, sexual, or religious)?    Based on 34 responses

  • 65% Very accepting.
  • 26% Most students are accepting, except for a few rare cases of intolerance.
  • 9% The campus is split on its acceptance-not all minority groups are as accepted as others.
  • 0% It's hard to be a minority here.
4
pageviews remaining

Non-registered users are limited to 5 school profile page views per month.

Register for free to gain full access!