Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB-
Colorado Mesa University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.76 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.72 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.73 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science119Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities105Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies78Graduates
- Nursing Assistant70Graduates
- Athletic Training60Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management43Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.90 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.109 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 54 responsesReport
After Colorado Mesa University
- Very Good352
Located just minutes from the Grand Mesa and the Colorado National Monument, Colorado Mesa University (CMU) is a perfect fit for me! After my family went through a tough transitional period, adopting three local children, I didn't want to abandon them and travel across country for my schooling. So, I decided to enroll at CMU. While small, CMU still offers the Pre-Med Biology programs I was looking for, and the small class sizes and easily accessible professors are a huge benefit. I would definitely recommend CMU to anyone looking for a small-town, outdoor oriented education experience with great programs and professors!
- College Freshman
- Nov 28 2015
Colorado Mesa University is amazing! I absolutely loved my four years here. The best thing about CMU was the small class sizes and the fact that the professors actually got to know you. I received an internship with the help of my professor as well as got to shadow people in my perspective field. Also, there is so much to do not only on campus, but in Grand Junction in general. The university provides the students with activities every single week. We also put on concerts (Macklemore, G-Eazy, Ronnie Dunn) and parties. Not to mention, you are minutes away from hiking, biking, rock climbing, skiing/snowboarding, sky-diving, white water rafting, ice climbing and more! Grand Junction is the MECCA for outdoor activities PLUS you wont break the bank attending there! Wouldn't change it for the world.
- Recent Alumnus
- June 15 2015
Colorado Mesa University is a really cool school! The campus is really nice and beautiful, and the buildings are very clean and easy to navigate. The teachers are all really great and do actually care about the student's success. I have been enjoying all of my classes and I know students of all backgrounds and ability will enjoy going here, there are lots of programs and support. I actually enjoy being on campus more than most places because it is such a nice environment and there is a lot more diversity. The dining hall has lots of vegan options, which I love!
- 2 months ago