Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeA-
College of William & Mary is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Colonial Athletic Association
College of William & Mary Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.79 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.79 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.79 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management227Graduates
- Political Science and Government170Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities158Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies102Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies89Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.105 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.127 responses
After College of William & Mary
- Very Good459
Everyone very friendly, small campus feel.
- College Sophomore
- 1 month ago
Students are thoughtful, reasonable, and fun. There's an emphasis on depth and substance over superficial experience. Conversations are expected to be about more than who did what last weekend. Football players sing a Capella and prom queens volunteer and play ultimate Frisbee in the Sunken Gardens. Traditions are unparalleled, from walking through the Wren Building on the first day to ringing the bell on the last. The school doesn't make things easy. Whether it's finding a party or taking a class, it challenges one to proactively engage. Make friends, seek out professors, find or create your own party, group, team. Your Tribe will respond. If you want the typical social scene and easily defined life experience, W and M might not be for you. There's nothing typical about W and M. If you look at the world and want to improve it, you're home. Students looking for a country club--there's a great public school just up the road you may like more. The food could be better though.
- 1 month ago
there isnt much to do outside of the school and w&m feels very separated from the local community. the education is really good though.
- College Senior
- 2 months ago