Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC
Claflin University is ...
Private not-for-profit, HBCU, Methodist
NCAA Division II (without football)
Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Claflin University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.71 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.76 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.77 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies42Graduates
- Political Science and Government30Graduates
- Organizational Behavior Studies29Graduates
- Business Administration and Management17Graduates
- Business Support Services17Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies15Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management12Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.103 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.111 responses
After Claflin University
- Very Good280
Claflin university is beautiful. I love going to this university it was the best decision I made. Being a college athlete it offers everything I need, exceeding all expectations I had about college. The professors are really great and genuine, I've gained so much knowledge my freshman year. I would recommend this university to everyone. The only thing I would want to see change with claflin is the importance of sports.
- 15 days ago
Claflin seems like a wonderful school to attend. I love how it's an HBCU but there is other minorities. When I visited, everyone was friendly and seem to communicate well. I love a place where everyone can get along and work well together. Claflin is a beautiful black university where i feel like home. I do not think anything should change about Claflin campus life wise but I do not know academics wise.
- Niche User
- 23 days ago
I have had a wonderful experience.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago