Christopher Newport University
- Newport News, VA
- 4 Year
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeB+
Christopher Newport University's outstanding liberal arts and sciences curriculum shapes hearts and minds, preparing students to lead lives of significance. Here you will embrace a college experience built on scholarship, leadership, service, and honor. Pursue your academic passions and conduct groundbreaking research alongside distinguished faculty – accomplished scholars of exceptional quality. Beyond the classroom, participate in our successful athletics and over 200 clubs and organizations. Come discover a vibrant campus as you pursue great dreams for a life of meaning and purpose.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.83 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.90 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.90 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.92 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.106 responses
After Christopher Newport University
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.59 responses
- Very Good390
Class size are relatively small. My English course last year had only 19 students in it! It's an awesome way to have a great relationship with your professors and helps to keep you following along in class. The professors at CNU are the most enthusiast leaders in their areas of learning. I had one who would do yoga and meditation positions during my religions of the east class because he was so enthralled by getting to share with us his experience of traveling to all of these places and learning about Buddhism and Hinduism. A professor I have currently actually lives on a sailboat on the James River near campus and shares with us how he has a degree in poetry writing and that teaching students was his dream career.
Professors here want students to be engaged in what their learning about and be interested in their future.
- College Sophomore
- 4 months ago
- College Sophomore
- 7 months ago
- 2 months ago