Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB+
Chapman University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Calvinist/Reformed
NCAA Division III (with football)
Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Chapman University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.116 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.114 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.114 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management297Graduates
- Cinematography and Video Production165Graduates
- Public Relations67Graduates
- Political Science and Government65Graduates
- Foundations of Education59Graduates
- Creative Writing52Graduates
- Managerial Economics50Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.155 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.178 responses
After Chapman University
- Very Good773
There are a lot of great things about Chapman University. There are a lot of activities to do around campus and everyone is really kind. The classes are small and even the professors in larger classes really take it to an individual level and enjoy questions to make sure everyone is on the same page. The dorms are really great, you don't have to worry about walking down the hall to use the bathroom! The weather is also great, and even when it's getting a little too hot, you can always turn your air conditioning on. Some things I would change about Chapman is their food options because they're not very healthy.
- 2 months ago
I am currently a first-year undergrad student and there isn't a day that goes by that I am not blown away by this school. Sure, it's on the smaller side but I meet someone new everyday. The layout is perfect and I never have to run to class since everything is basically together. I really enjoy the sense of community that the school provides, especially since I am an out of state student. The only thing that I would change/improve would be the student parking situation, which says a lot! This place is a SoCal gem and I believe it is one of the most up and coming schools out there.
- 2 months ago
Chapman University was my top-choice school and if I had the opportunity to choose again, it would remain highest on my list. It's a small campus, which feels safe and welcoming. I never feel alone because on a typical walk to class, I exchange greetings with at least one person I know. The price per semester is somewhat ridiculous and my only concern is the amount of debt I could be in after 4 years. My experience with professors has been great- they are all very passionate and they are very accessible if I need help. Chapman University is unique because of the many outside networking opportunities that students are presented with throughout their time here. Go Panthers!
- College Freshman
- 11 months ago