Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeA-
Central Michigan University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.101 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.102 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.101 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science188Graduates
- Community Organization and Advocacy155Graduates
- Business Administration and Management150Graduates
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management129Graduates
- Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Medicine110Graduates
- Public Relations108Graduates
- Child Development103Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.144 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.193 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 46 responsesReport
After Central Michigan University
- Very Good944
I love the friendliness of Central. It was homey from my high school campus tour to my now sophomore year. Academically as students you are pushed to strive for your best, yet the school does a great job of giving fun experiences to balance out all of the hard work they ask for. My roommate my freshmen year was very rude, but my RA helped the best she could. CMU is very inclusive and really feels like a close knit community. I love my residence hall friends, friends from class, and my coworkers from the Student Activity Center. Central offers many different jobs and pushes each person to reach their goals and work their way up into the position they want. I just love being at Central Michigan University.
- College Sophomore
- 13 days ago
My first year at CMU I was a bit nervous because I was at a community college for 2 years so I didn't have a huge campus to walk around on but everyone that I passed by would either say hi or smile so it was a real friendly environment to be apart of. The classes aren't bad at all, the teachers actually care about how you do in their class and will help you through your struggles. The only thing I would change about it is the parking lots. It's hard to find a spot to park at during the day and sometimes you have to leave extra early do you can find a parking spot around campus. Other than that CMU is an amazing place to be at and I wouldn't want to transfer anywhere else. Fire up Chips!!
- 18 days ago
I am a transfer student from Delta Collage and so far I love CMU! All of my professors this semester have a passion for what they teach, and are very approachable. I was nervous coming into CMU since I transferred and I don't know many people. But people have been warm and inviting, and I have already started to make friends. I cant wait to see what next semester holds for me! Fire Up Chips!
- College Sophomore
- 22 days ago