Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeA-
Central Michigan University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Central Michigan University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.166 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.169 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.168 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science188Graduates
- Community Organization and Advocacy155Graduates
- Business Administration and Management150Graduates
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management129Graduates
- Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Medicine110Graduates
- Public Relations108Graduates
- Child Development103Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.199 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.254 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 116 responsesReport
After Central Michigan University
- Very Good946
It has been a good experience thus far! I came from a community college, so I appreciate being able to study material directly relating to my field and being surrounded by similarly motivated peers and faculty. The program isn't perfect for me, as there aren't many opportunities to study biological anthropology in-depth or take any archaeology classes, but for the time being, it's a good place to get started.
- 8 days ago
In the time I have spent at Central Michigan University, I have grown to love it. The people here are all incredibly friendly. They will greet you with a smile and hold the door open for you. Furthermore, there are several strong majors at Central. One thing that is a huge bonus for me as a Spanish major, is their wide variety of 150 study abroad programs in over 40 countries. I love Central.
- 12 days ago
CMU has a lovely campus, but some of the buildings are fairly outdated. Many of the professors are not sufficiently educated in appropriate way of teaching students. Many of them also have such heavy accents that many students struggle to understand them. As a future teacher, I have struggled to pedegogically agree with the majority of my professors teaching philosophies.
- 16 days ago