Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeA-
Central Michigan University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Central Michigan University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.166 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.169 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.168 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science188Graduates
- Community Organization and Advocacy155Graduates
- Business Administration and Management150Graduates
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management129Graduates
- Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Medicine110Graduates
- Public Relations108Graduates
- Child Development103Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.199 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.254 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 116 responsesReport
After Central Michigan University
- Very Good948
It has been a good experience thus far! I came from a community college, so I appreciate being able to study material directly relating to my field and being surrounded by similarly motivated peers and faculty. The program isn't perfect for me, as there aren't many opportunities to study biological anthropology in-depth or take any archaeology classes, but for the time being, it's a good place to get started.
- 2 months ago
The reason I chose central was because of the environment on and around campus. It's not a big school like Michigan state or U of M and that makes it easier to get connected with campus. The professors and other resources are very understanding and they care about your mental health just as much as your grade. This school has an abundance of opportunities to get involved on and off campus and they make living on campus an experience you'll remember for the rest of your life. Central has the most school spirit I've seen on a campus this size and Central was the right choice for me. So be prepared for adventure and fire up chips!
- 9 days ago
Central Michigan University is an amazing school. I'm glad I decided to come here. All of the teachers I've had so far have been helpful, the resources on campus like the Math Center and the Success Advisers have been really helpful. I enjoy my work-study position on campus, and I love my roommates. The CMU spirit has been a huge factor here as well. Everyone is very friendly and fired up! It makes the whole campus feel a little more home. Even though all of the projects and homework can be a little stressful sometimes, I feel like my freshman year at CMU was a success. I'm excited to come back next year.
- College Freshman
- 10 months ago