Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC
California University of Pennsylvania is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference
California University of Pennsylvania Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.68 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.68 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.67 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management200Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management161Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies103Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities80Graduates
- Early Childhood Education46Graduates
- Kindergarten and Preschool Education35Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.65 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.91 responses
After California University of Pennsylvania
- Very Good355
Cal U is a very unique school in its own way. It's a small public school in a small town. Even though it's small, the University does everything it can to give each student the opportunity to have a great time. There are endless clubs and organizations that each student has the opportunity to get involved in. Class sizes range anywhere between 15-200 students. Classes that involve your major are small and the professors focus on making sure your learning experience is great.
- College Junior
- 2 months ago
When I first came to the school on a visit I fell in love with it. My tour guide knew things about the university that most workers probably have no idea about. Like all the different type of trees on campus and how some are dedicated to passed students. After that visit I knew that I wanted to be able to call California university of PA my home. I am currently in my 5th year due to a change in major and I wouldn't want to be any where else. My first year here I made great friends and memories living on campus. My second year I became a CA (community assistant) in one of the residence halls and ever since then I've wanted to work in residence life after graduation. I love watching freshman find their way, seniors preparing for life after school, and the in betweenness of not knowing what they want to do. i will always remember all the wonderful times I had on campus like paint ball, later tag, homecoming parade, and even all the snow we get in the winter. Calu will always be my home and I love this school.
- College Senior
- 2 months ago
As a commuter, it can be difficult to be fully involved in activities at school or being able to utilize all the resources that teachers and the university itself. However, the teachers work really well with me and my work schedule when appropriate and the resources provided online help me to have access to research while I'm not on campus.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago