Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeB+
California State University - Northridge is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Big West Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.200 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.201 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.202 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management547Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities469Graduates
- Radio, Television, and Digital Communication414Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies360Graduates
- Early Childhood Education255Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 105 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.272 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.356 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 101 responsesReport
After California State University - Northridge
- Very Good1430
I like the campus. It is a commuter university, people go to class then go home. University life has a lot to do with what you put in in order to get something out.
- 5 hours ago
Being able to attend a Cal state was a dream to me because I am a first generation from my family. Cal state Northridge has offered me all the help that I need and made me feel like if I was not the only one who has the same problem, whether it was financially or just stressed from so much homework assigned to us. One of my favorite experiences I have had here at Csun was matador night. The event took place in the student union where I was able meet new people and have a good time. I would choose Cal state Northridge again if I had to becuase the vibed of the environment are so welcoming and it makes me feel like I'm at home when I'm miles away from it.
- College Freshman
- 5 days ago
Overall, CSUN is a great school to be in. Once you get involved with at least one of the many clubs on campus, you get to interact with the your peers on a different level which is very fun. Other than that, you only interact with your peers during class and once class is over, you don't talk to each other anymore and don't follow through with study groups sometimes. CSUN is very unique because of the many events they hold and how diverse the campus is. It carries a large population on campus which makes parking awful.
- College Junior
- 18 days ago