Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodC-
- Student LifeA
California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Big Sky Conference
California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.140 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.139 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.138 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management729Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies264Graduates
- Animal Sciences and Husbandry244Graduates
- Agricultural Business238Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering203Graduates
- Civil Engineering164Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering146Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.203 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.261 responses
After California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
- Very Good1285
I am a third year transfer student who will be starting this coming fall quarter. So far, the staff have been very supportive and attentive. I think I will be enjoying the rest of my undergraduate journey here.
- 16 days ago
Overall, quality education and great place to live despite the expense cost of living. The party scene is on a continuous downhill path with the banishing of several fraternities and probation on others. It has a prestigious name, but in my experience professors haven't been terribly enthusiastic about being there and its hard to feel recognized as an individual student. They want you out in 4 years and you're likely just a statistic for the school.
- 16 days ago
I've really enjoyed my first year at Cal Poly. My favorite part about it is the fact that everyone is so helpful and kind. I've met so many upperclassmen that are excited to take people on as mentees and give career advice and personal advice.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago