Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeA+
Brown University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.29 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.34 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.33 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Computer Science100Graduates
- Computational and Applied Mathematics95Graduates
- Neuroscience and Neurobiology87Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies75Graduates
- Political Science and Government67Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.66 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.77 responses
After Brown University
- Very Good323
I love Brown University, even if it does have its weak points. As an Engineering student who loves to take humanities classes, Brown was the only college that would allow me to pursue both without having to go through an incredibly difficult process which is common at other schools. While the food is not the healthiest or most appetizing, it is hard to find many other weak points in my overall experience here. I would definitely recommend Brown to anyone who is considering it, and I hope more schools change to the open curriculum in the future.
- 1 day ago
So far, from what I'm learning about Brown, everyone is so different and I feel like that allows for a free flow of ideas which is amazing. I feel so much more well-rounded as a result.
- College Freshman
- 1 month ago
I've learned so many things I never knew I could do.
- College Sophomore
- 1 month ago