Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC-
Bridgewater State University is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
New England Football Conference
Bridgewater State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.67 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.64 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.63 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Management Sciences and Information Systems225Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies207Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching114Graduates
- Special Education and Teaching100Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.69 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.81 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 46 responsesReport
After Bridgewater State University
- Very Good297
I've always felt completely comfortable walking from one side of campus to the other side at night by myself, and I think that speaks very loudly of the safety of our campus. You rarely will walk across campus without seeing a police officer on a bike, golf cart, car, or even a horse! It's been increasingly getting better with students who have been sexually assaulted, and it's great knowing that students are becoming more comfortable telling superiors about these things happening. Bridgewater has made incredible strides in preventing sexual assault on campus, and providing support for those who have been a victim.
- Recent Alumnus
- 10 months ago
The professor's that I had the opportunity to met really do care about the students and are passionate with teaching. However, the transfer experience has been a huge headache. You have to advocate for yourself and really check to see if course credits were applied correctly. This process is a huge headache! Campus is really nice, but at night it is not well lit which is a huge safety issue. Also, there is not enough parking to go around. BSU lacks a academic advising department that serves all students in all grade levels. I would only choose this school if I lived in the town.
- College Sophomore
- 8 months ago
Although Greek life only takes up around 15% of the students at BSU, it can feel like there are millions of Greek members because they are all mainly residents on campus! Most Greeks become incredibly involved on campus and well known because of their other involvements on campus, and their dedication to the community. BSU Greek life is truly unlike other campuses, and they pride themselves on being completely different than the fraternities and sororities portrayed in the movies and media.
- Recent Alumnus
- 10 months ago