Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC
Bowie State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association
Bowie State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.80 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.85 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.85 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management134Graduates
- Radio and Television Broadcasting Technician93Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies60Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services41Graduates
- Child Development38Graduates
- Computer Systems Technician27Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.92 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.107 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 57 responsesReport
After Bowie State University
- Very Good256
Bulldog Nation! Being a BSU student can go either way good or bad. To me I've always choosen to find the good and it has really worked out for me. I'm very active on campus, as well as very close to a majority of my professors. I have a lot friends that definately defy the sterotype of "Today's Black Youth" and I'm proud of environment Bowie has placed me in to understand myself as person. One thing Bowie has taught me is Accountability, which happens to be apart of our school's mission. My accountability to my school is what will make this experience worthwild, and most importanyly my own. Bowie State University is an HBCU unlike any other, and the memories formed here , I know will last a lifetime, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm Proud to be a product of it's environment, and I know others will too.
- College Senior
- Aug 4 2011
For an HBCU, there is a diverse number of students who participate in extracurricular activities. Our band is very unique with the types of genre that is performed. They play in harmony and present precise movements as they march across campus. The Men's Basketball Team is division two and won the CIAAs this year! The Greek life is very active and most often promote events for everyone to participate.
- College Junior
- May 23 2013
I ENJOY IT! Whether your major is History or Government, you always enjoy the professors for the most part. Our professors are very well-read people and they know their profession from the inside out. It really helps liven up the atmosphere of our classrooms. I would say for all my "major" courses, I am alert and interested in what is being lectured about 90% of the time. Also another thing that helps a LOT is the classroom discussions or debates which most of the times are unplanned. This is why I love my major so much!
- College Junior
- Aug 21 2011