Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodA+
- Student LifeA+
Boston University is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Boston University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.183 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.189 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.189 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management842Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies196Graduates
- Radio, Television, and Digital Communication152Graduates
- Rehabilitation and Therapy149Graduates
- Health/Medical Preparatory Programs128Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering115Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 122 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.238 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.280 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 137 responsesReport
After Boston University
- Very Good1148
You have a huge variety of housing at BU. You have the dorms, apartments, and suites available on campus. Depending on your classes and if you want to wake up 5 minutes before class and still make it on time, you will need to decided whether to live in East, South, or West campus. If you like walking and want to feel a difference between 'home' and 'school', maybe choose housing away from your classes. It all depends on how you want to experience everything, but there will be an option available for you. Housing is also guaranteed for 4 years, so you're all good!
- College Sophomore
- 5 months ago
There are very tight knit communities across classes within the major I'm in, giving information and perspectives from each year of their experience at Boston University. Some schools have a buddy system where you're supported by an upperclassman your field, but at Boston University, every sophomore, junior, and senior is there to help you within your major. And if that isn't enough, you have the support of your professors!
- College Freshman
- 4 months ago
The Commonwealth of Intellectual Wealth – Historical cobblestone roads. Electrifying summer nights. Unmatchable cultural exchanges. As a proud Boston native, this city is always awake. Boston University presents its students with the opportunity to experience Boston at its best. Boston University is easily accessible via public transportation thus granting its students access to its main attractions. Some of these attractions include the African-American Freedom Trail Tour, the Boston Commons, and hundreds of other colleges on either sides of the Charles River. This is not to mention the ten minute walk away from Fenway Park where the Green Monster has declared to be his lair! Boston University is my choice pick of a University because I love the city as well as the constant chances I am granted to just learn. Go Terriers!
- College Sophomore
- July 3 2011