BJU was originally established in 1927 near Panama City, Fla. and then moved to Cleveland, Tenn. in 1933 before finally settling in Greenville, S.C. in 1947. Most of the buildings were built during the 1940s, and they are still well maintained at present. BJU renovates buildings frequently. The school provides facility jobs for students to maintain the buildings' cleanliness and longevity. The newest building that's been renovated is Rodeheaver Auditorium. This facility is used frequently for the artist series events, Vespers, and concerts. BJU’s latest project is the Dixon McKenzie Dining Common renovation. The fundraising is ongoing, with a lot of money collected during the Bible Conference.
Students appreciate BJU’s gracious academic labs. There are labs available for every major. Most students think of a lab as "home." The library provides general amenities, but it seems to be lacking contemporary resources. Most students hang out at the Snack Shop, Social Parlor, library, and Cuppa Jones areas, sipping coffee, studying, and playing games with friends.