Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB+
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.88 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.88 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.88 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management358Graduates
- Corporate Communications120Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies91Graduates
- Early Childhood Education82Graduates
- Special Education and Teaching79Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching77Graduates
- Speech Language Pathology74Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.104 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.123 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 53 responsesReport
After Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
- Very Good475
Bloomsburg University is continuously growing which is one of the best aspects of BU. Students who attend BU will continue to see new majors being added, such as the Supply Chain Management Major. BU understands that the world is changing and their choices in academia should reflect this change. BU ranks high in satisfaction among its students regarding academic achievement and personal growth. Professors foster development and sparked my interest in the world of counseling, which is what I proceeded to study in graduate school. An incoming freshman should be aware that the town is in fact very small and very traditional; this is something I wish I would have known coming to the school because I was not pleasantly surprised. There are no extravagant stores or restaurants rather quaint, family run stores and shops. Once a student spends a full year in Bloomsburg, they will realize they have become a part of this small town family and will embrace it.
- 1 month ago
Bloomsburg University is a great school, great teachers, great office hours, you can get all the help you want. The campus is very big, but the classes are nearby dorms so it only takes a couple minutes to go to class. Class schedules are easy to work around with and very flexible. Many clubs and sports to join, they do have deadlines so if you want to join before the deadline! This university is unique because the students that dorm and commute there are very friendly, and it is very easy to make friends.
- College Sophomore
- 9 months ago
Bloomsburg University is not a unique experience. The school provides a generic exposure to the most common areas of interest. Most of the professors are dedicated to seeing you achieve but in the classes of fifty students or more, they only seem to care that their qualifications are met, and not how well the students are learning the material. All of the professors provide office hours but often at inconvenient times for most students, because the professors are required to put in a designated amount of office hours by the administration, they do not care if students actually come to them. The same goes for academic advisors. They offer little enthusiasm to see you succeed.
- College Junior
- 5 months ago