Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB
Beloit College is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
Beloit College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.32 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.32 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.32 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Foundations of Education26Graduates
- Anthropology and Archaeology23Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities21Graduates
- Creative Writing18Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies17Graduates
- Cellular Biology16Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.35 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.37 responses
After Beloit College
- Very Good180
This is a classic case of a 'little pond' school. You'll grow into a big, weird fish. Beloit is a place that people with avantgarde personality come to get a nice financial aid package and an education to rival the east coast liberal arts schools. I've never had a class larger than 10 students. Those were all fact statements. The value statement that you're looking for is this, "Beloit is a place to go if you've always felt outside of the mainstream, and want to be celebrated for that. Its where honestly passionate and incredibly bright people go to find meaningful things to do with their lives. I'm sure if you're already indoctrinated into the name-brand big school mentality, there's little I can say or do to convince you otherwise, except to say that this school has benefits that you will never understand until you are here. That's coming from someone who's taken classes at 4 separate colleges."
- 17 days ago
I'm a current student at Beloit, and it's been fantastic so far. Outstanding quality of instruction from the professors, really interesting/unique research opportunities available for students, and a huge emphasis on collaboration and putting a liberal arts education to good use. I've met many awesome and interesting people here, and definitely would choose to go here again given the opportunity.
- College Senior
- 3 months ago
I have absolutely loved my time here at Beloit. I feel like I have won the lottery in some ways, because I have been able to attend a college full of friendly, exciting, passionate people. I love that the professors here really care and want their students to succeed, and that we have lots of opportunities to do research and use all sorts of excellent resources that we have right on campus. If you come here, you will have the chance to be involved in a wide variety of clubs, organizations, and other extracurricular activities. Beloit is definitely a place where you can pursue all of your passions and all of your interests to the fullest.
- College Senior
- 3 months ago