Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeB-
Barry University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division II (without football)
Sunshine State Conference
Barry University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Data not available
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.62 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.61 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.60 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management172Graduates
- Public Administration117Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities57Graduates
- Health Care Management51Graduates
- Information Technology47Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management19Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.79 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.101 responses
After Barry University
- Very Good310
What I like about Barry University, is that they are very hands on with us and the major that we choose. They let us get the feel of what we are getting ourselves into when we graduate. They prepare you mentally and physically. My major is athletic training, and we have to participate in games and also spend time in the training room. Some times this can be all day and night but I enjoy it. If there was something I had to change about my Barry, I will keep it the same but change myself more to make Barry even more better! Barry is all about the students and that's what stands it out from other universities.
- 1 month ago
Attending Barry University has been am experience in itself. My favorite times on campus are always at the pool parties that the art cool throws, or even attending club meetings and meeting new people and discovering new ideas. Also, being ranked top ten schools for diversity, you get to engage in different cultures and ways of living. I live for new opportunity, and I truly feel that my school provides that for me. I think I made a great choice of school!
- College Sophomore
- Sep 16 2015
Greek life is small and not given much leeway, classes aren't hard unless you don't attend/pay attention. Professors are actively involved and treat students well. Early classes are avoidable. On campus jobs only allow for 20 hours a week at around 9.50 an hour. It's not much of a party school but it is in Miami-Shores so it's not hard to find one. I got in with a 3.7 GPA and an essay stating that I've never done community service, no letter of recommendation. School does require community service for certain classes. Very relaxed environment but small, plenty of students from other states/countries.
- College Freshman
- 11 months ago