Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC+
Ave Maria University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NAIA Division II
Florida Sun Conference
Ave Maria University Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.14 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.13 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management26Graduates
- Religious Studies20Graduates
- Political Science and Government17Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities12Graduates
- Mathematics & Statistics10Graduates
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology7Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.17 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.27 responses
After Ave Maria University
- Very Good103
Ave Maria University is a very limited place to be. If you don't have a car, you are trapped here, as the nearest city is a 45 minute drive away. In the town, there is absolutely nothing besides a Publix and a gas station. It is also very hard to fit in socially. There are "aves" (strictly Catholic, judgmental people) and athletes who only attend here because they got athletic scholarships. The programs aren't very good. Unless you are a theology or education major, you may struggle finding help and resources for your major.
- 17 days ago
Due to its small size, Ave feels like a family. From adorations, to football games, to households, this school has created so many memories. I would choose it again.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago
I Love this school because it really focuses on making the student a well-rounded and overall better person. The faculty and teachers care about the students' success in the classroom and outside of it. They want the students to become better people and grow in their faith as well as learn. Also, the students here are amazing. They are extremely friendly and caring, and they really push you to be the best person you can be. Easter there is a great example of this because many of the students still there over brake come together to celebrate this feast together as a community. Many go the the vigil mass and then head over to the Resurrection Part after words to celebrate and spend time with each other. Seeing all of the joy there was a really moving experience.
- College Junior
- 3 months ago