Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC
Aurora University is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.47 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.48 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.47 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management107Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services106Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies70Graduates
- Health/Medical Preparatory Programs31Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.57 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.64 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 31 responsesReport
After Aurora University
- Very Good224
A week before school started all of the freshmen came for the welcome weekend and it was a lot of fun getting to know my fellow classmates. We were all put in groups and a junior/senior AU student and in my group we were all education majors. I took a year off from school so I was worried that I would not do well but all of my teachers are great and understanding. Although I do not like my schedule that much because 3 days during the week I have my first class from 8-9 then my second class from 1:15-2:20, then another class from 2:35-3:40. But I am just trying to make the most out of my free time and get my homework done in that time. So far I have joined 4 clubs on campus and 3 of them are volunteer work. The 4th club is called Educators Rising and it is perfect for all education majors such as myself. It has been pretty great so far and can not wait to do more on campus.
- 2 months ago
Aurora University has the potential to be great, but will never reach that level. Their lack of full time professors hinders them from having steady and meaningful relationships with their students. More times then not students are unmotivated because thats the environment Aurora University promotes. Instability and unprofessional are two words that sum up the administration and different academic majors it offers overall. It's the unfortunate sad truth.
- College Freshman
- 6 months ago
After being out of school for over 18 years, it was pretty intimidating going back. But the enrollment counselors convinced me that I could do it and that they would be there for me every step of the way and they did JUST that! I'm 4 classes into the Master's program and my GPA isa 4.0. I love the individualized attention the students have with the instructors, who really do care about the students success.
- College Junior
- Aug 13 2015