Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeC+
Arkansas Tech University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Great American Conference
Arkansas Tech University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.74 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.74 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.74 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities417Graduates
- Medical Secretary182Graduates
- Early Childhood Education99Graduates
- Business Support Services86Graduates
- Nursing Assistant81Graduates
- Business Administration and Management70Graduates
- Licensed Practical Nurse Training (LPN)63Graduates
- Homeland Security61Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.76 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.98 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 52 responsesReport
After Arkansas Tech University
- Very Good291
I really enjoyed going to football games on Friday nights in high school. During basketball season, me and a friend vowed to go to every game, even the games 3 hours away. I played volleyball and was the softball manager. I was always around sports. And I couldn't wait to see what the atmosphere of a college sporting event was like, I could just imagine all the yelling and wild fans at college football games! My first time going to a football game at my school wasn't quite what I imagined. It was quiet. There was no real "student section". And a lot of people weren't even paying attention to the game. I'm not real sure what the problem was, though. Maybe it was just school spirit. But intramural sports are another story. Everyone plays if they can. Intramural sports are so much fun and the level of competition just makes them even more enjoyable. I also played on a softball team. The first game, my team got beat by 25 points. I wasn't upset though, none if us were, we all had a great time! That atmosphere was just fun and relaxed and I absolutely loved it.
- College Freshman
- 12 months ago
My first year, I stayed in the newest built residence hall. Everything was nice , and well kept . I loved it! People in the dorms took great care of what they were given. Semi-private bathrooms, spacious rooms, everything you needed to feel comfortable. This upcoming year, I'll be staying in a newly remodeled hall , and by the pictures , it looks extremely nice! I'm ready!
- College Sophomore
- 5 months ago
I love Arkansas Tech. Russellville is a great town and it just always seems to have a positive atmosphere! Which in return can help you as a student. My professors are great and really care about each and every student of theirs. Success for students is their main goal and they are more than willing to help you if you need it. Football games have been my favorite part so far. Everyone seems to care for the school and wants it to thrive in the sports played. There are many opportunities for students to get out of their comfort zone and be apart of something bigger. Overall, my experience has been great and I am looking forward to finishing out my college career at Arkansas Tech.
- College Freshman
- Nov 11 2015