Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB+
Arkansas State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Sun Belt Conference
Arkansas State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.85 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.84 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.84 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities448Graduates
- Early Childhood Education121Graduates
- Business Administration and Management95Graduates
- Radiation Therapy86Graduates
- Agricultural Business74Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science63Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.89 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.106 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 43 responsesReport
After Arkansas State University
- Very Good367
The sports at Arkansas State University are great! Our football team this year were all out Sunbelt conference champions and because of this achievement were able to travel to New Orleans to play in a bowl game against Louisiana Tech. Our women's volleyball team also were Sunbelt conference champions. The sports at Arkansas State are very important to the school and students because it gives everyone a little break from the everyday pressure and stress of studies. We, at A-State, believe wholeheartedly in the phrase, "work hard, play hard".
- College Freshman
- 11 months ago
I didn't quite get to attend as many events as I wanted but there are always activities for students to participate in. Between bonfires, board game nights in the library, special crab leg buffets in the caf., capture the glowstick outside some nights, the awesome gym w/every workout machine you can think of, and the school's sports games, there is plenty to stay entertained after you finish your schoolwork! The teachers are understanding and work with anyone who applies themselves.
- 2 months ago
I'm an RA and would definitely recommend living on campus, especially your freshman year! It helps keep you connected. You don't have to drive 15 minutes to class (which improves your chances of actually going), you have a meal plan so no matter how broke you are, you'll always have food, there is a laundry room that is prepaid so you will also have clean clothes no matter how broke you are. It's also a lot more convenient to stay plugged in. More than likely, someone in your residence hall is involved in some of the same things you are which will help with your connections. Also, it builds a great sense of responsibility. Teaching yourself to clean up, wake yourself up, make sure you go to bed at a decent hour and so many other things.
- College Sophomore
- 12 months ago