Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC
Alabama State University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Southwestern Athletic Conference
Alabama State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.62 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.61 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.62 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies71Graduates
- Rehabilitation and Therapy37Graduates
- Elementary Education34Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services29Graduates
- Information Studies23Graduates
- Business Administration and Management18Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.92 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.101 responses
After Alabama State University
- Very Good259
Being a History major at Alabama State is a very consistent, adequate, and direct program. The professors provide you with detailed and concise lectures and allow opinions and aspects of history to be observed and studied by students. Class sizes inside the program are considerable most of the time allowing a more open yet personal atmosphere. The use of images, PowerPoint, smartboard, and other educational technology is common and helpful. The classes are usually very interactive and the professors are very willing to allow questions, observations and opinions and will ackowledge and reply to you quite commonly. Asu has a great History Program!
- Recent Alumnus
- July 10 2013
I would not choose another HBCU even if I had the chance to. Alabama State University has taught me so much about myself, as well as the Alabama itself. There are so many opportunities at my HBCU that you would have no choice but to be engaged with the student body. You meet people from all over the world and the education is just wonderful! Not only do the professors teach, but their passionate about it and you learn about life situations as well. I will never forget my experience at Alabama State University, and I will forever be grateful for the friends, professors, and knowledge that I have gained.
- College Junior
- 6 months ago
My overall experience has been good! I've meet people from all over, different back grounds. My professors so far have been very helpful. If I need extra time or extra credit they are willing to help with no problem. The campus is easy to navigate around, the overall staff are very friendly. I wouldn't see myself no where else. I know I've made the right choice when I chose Alabama State!
- College Freshman
- 11 months ago