Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC+
Alabama A&M University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Southwestern Athletic Conference
Alabama A&M University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.78 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.80 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.80 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Computer and Information Studies27Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering27Graduates
- Business Administration and Management26Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching26Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering23Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services22Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities18Graduates
- Elementary Education17Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.81 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.107 responses
After Alabama A&M University
- Very Good206
Top Education in the Civil Engineering and Environmental Science majors. These programs prepare you for life after college. There are internships and work-study positions. The environmental scince department is highly enjoyable. The curriculum is challenging when it needs to be! And the workload is designed to grow the student. More facilities are needed, however the educators do what needs to be done.
- Recent Alumnus
- July 29 2013
Technologically. . .Top Notch! Computers and computer access at Alabama A&M University is very good. The College of Agricultural, Life and Natural Sciences stays ahead of the game in equipment and software. There are at least five computer labs in our college alone and within each department, there computers to use and/or individuals that can assist you with technological needs. Our campus has access to wireless networking and it is most advantageous for the average student to have his/her own computer and printer. In fact, our financial aid office provides reimbursement for those students that purchase computer systems during the school year as long as he/she does not exceed their financial aid budget.
- Recent Alumnus
- Sep 25 2011
Cafeteria Food Review – The food served during breakfast, lunch, and dinner are good, at least to me anyways. Although it's true that majority of the year you see the same things during the same mealtimes, but the food is overall good. Of course, if go to another student randomly and ask about the dining, 8 out of 10 they will tell how bad or boring the food is, or how the service isn't too good, or anything they could think of. Though the cafeteria workers always aren't uplifted as they should, they're better than how they could be [after dealing with most students]. But yes, overall, the campus dining experience is great for me each time!
- College Junior
- July 30 2012