Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC+
Alabama A&M University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Southwestern Athletic Conference
Alabama A&M University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.78 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.80 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.80 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Computer and Information Studies27Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering27Graduates
- Business Administration and Management26Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching26Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering23Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services22Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities18Graduates
- Elementary Education17Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.81 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.107 responses
After Alabama A&M University
- Very Good206
College is whatever you wish to make it, however this school can be a hit or miss and oftentimes something of unnecessary stress. If you're wanting to focus solely on academics and fell supported by the various colleges the consistency is lackadaisical. The major that I was in was one of the hardest to complete, yet the staff was not the most supportive, lacked passion, unenthusiastic, unprofessional, and late. The technology was outdate, the building we were in was renovated on one side, but completely outdate on the other. It wasn't until graduating that there was an update to our curriculum, dropping unnecessary courses, but we were still working with outdate tools. Unless your family's history with this school runs deep, I would suggest going to University of Ala. Huntsville where you're given more programs and opportunities.
- 2 months ago
So far, my college experience at Alabama A&M has been amazing! My professors really do want to see my scholars and I succeed and graduate. There are so many different backgrounds of people on campus and I love learning about as many people as I can. If I could, I absolutely would choose this school all over again because I feel as though this is where God led me and I have grown so much as a person since being here.
- College Freshman
- 7 months ago
My overall experience in college has been awesome. I was nervous about moving five states away from home, and having to meet new people. The community of Alabama A&M accepted me with open arms. I quickly built a strong rapport with my teachers, and they all were fond of me. Bulldog nation has taught that "sovereignty is service." I would not have chosen any other school to attend, I love the history and foundation of principle the school was built on.
- College Sophomore
- 5 months ago