Off-Campus Housing

Location
Lacey, WA
Undergrads
1,160
Tuition
$28,740
Admission Difficulty
Easy
More statistics . . .
YesI'm interested, let this school know MaybeBookmark for later NoShow me better matches What does it mean to express interest?
Oops! There was an error.

Reload the page and try again.

Saving your interest We will attempt to notify this school of your interest. This school has been saved to your schools listyour schools list. This school has been removed from your recommended schools list.
For more schools, visit your recommended schools list.

Reviews

{{ error }}
close
4 College Junior

Off-Campus Housing: Cheaper and convenient but freshman have to live on campus for at least two school years!

College Junior

Off-Campus Housing: As my parents live within the 25 mile radius from campus, I'm allowed to commute while living at their house. Students who do not have parents that live nearby are required to live on campus.

College Freshman

Off-Campus Housing: I live in the dorms.

3 College Junior

Off-Campus Housing: There are a lot of options to live off campus, but you cannot do so till your Junior year.

3 College Freshman

Off-Campus Housing: There are a lot of affordable off-campus housing in Lacey. It is a lot cheaper than the dorms itself but you do have to travel. If you have transportation then living off campus is a good option.

{{review.UserDisplayString}}

{{review.SectionLabel}} at {{review.EntityName}}:

{{review.Votes}} found this useful - Did you? Was this useful? Yes Report

Sorry, there are no reviews.

  • {{settings.pageNumber}} of {{settings.maxPages}}
  • Pages:
  • ... {{page}}

Rankings View more rankings . . .

  • 538th
    Best Off-Campus Housing Options

Student Author OverviewWhat's This?

Sancha Elevado
Hometown
Tiwi Albay, Philippines
Major
Accounting
Grad Year
2012
View all previous student authors

About 30 percent of the student population lives in campus housing. The other 70 percent is what the University calls "commuter students," or students who live off campus. Many are from around the Lacey-Olympia-Tumwater metro area, so most students choose to live with their parents to save money. Students who are not from the area but choose to live off campus feel that while it is not easy to find a place to live, it's also not too difficult.

Apartments in Lacey can start at an affordable monthly price of $550 for a one-bedroom apartment; however, you pay for what you get, so do not be surprised if the quality of the place is not what you expect. For a decent apartment, $800 is average for the metro area. The school is minutes from the freeway, so if you choose to live outside of Lacey, it will take about 10 minutes minimum using the freeway. The best way to save money is to find an apartment with friends—that way you can split the cost! With the right amount of research, you are on your way to living independently.

Facts & Statistics

Undergrads Living Off Campus
70%
Freshmen Living Off Campus
23%
Average Off-Campus Room & Board
$7,500
Best Time to Look for a Place
Any time
Average Rents
  • 1 BR: $550
  • 2 BR: $750
  • 3 BR: $1,100

Student Polls

Rate the off-campus housing on the following topics    Based on 17 responses

Very poor
Excellent
  • Availability
  • Cost
  • Ease of obtaining/process
  • Landlords
  • Parking
  • Proximity to campus
  • Proximity to public transportation
  • Proximity to shopping
  • Quality
  • Safety
  • Variety

What is the off-campus housing selection like near campus and is it worth it?    Based on 18 responses

  • 0% Not worth the hassle or expense. Everyone just lives on campus.
  • 11% High prices and/or limited choices keep most students on campus.
  • 72% Price and availability can vary, but the added freedom is still worth it.
  • 17% Totally worth it. It's easy to find a place, and prices are reasonable.

How helpful is the school in helping students find off-campus housing?    Based on 18 responses

  • 44% Not very helpful.
  • 0% The school does not allow students to live off campus.
  • 39% Somewhat helpful.
  • 17% Extremely helpful.
4
pageviews remaining

Non-registered users are limited to 5 school profile page views per month.

Register for free to gain full access!