Diversity

Location
Teaneck, NJ
Undergrads
2,882
Tuition
$33,792
Admission Difficulty
Average
More statistics . . .
YesI'm interested, let this school know MaybeBookmark for later NoShow me better matches What does it mean to express interest?
Oops! There was an error.

Reload the page and try again.

Saving your interest We will attempt to notify this school of your interest. This school has been saved to your schools listyour schools list. This school has been removed from your recommended schools list.
For more schools, visit your recommended schools list.

Reviews

{{ error }}
close
College Student

Diversity: Caucasians are the minorities on campus. 95% of the campus population is African American while the other 5% is divided into international students and other races. In a sense, the campus is diverse but it depends on who you are and who you're friends with. Religion isn't really spoken about on campus. There is a church on the property but I'm not around it enough to witness who attends and who doesn't. There are a lot of gay and lesbians on campus and our campus is very accepting.

1 person found this useful Report
5 College Freshman

Diversity: There is a lot of support for everyone here. I don't see why there should be a problem with someones beliefs or who they love, its nonsense they should belief what they want,and love who they want.

1 person found this useful Report
4 College Freshman

Diversity: I came from a Catholic mostly white high school, so coming here was very interesting because of all the different types of people.

3 College Sophomore

Diversity: This school is highly diversified. To be honest, it's somewhat a high school with the school body. Typical students.

5 College Senior

Diversity: Fairleigh Dickinson University has done a magnificent in providing its students a plethora of diverse cultures. I have always been astounding by the ability to learn about various traditions of countries all across our globe in any setting here on campus.

{{review.UserDisplayString}}

{{review.SectionLabel}} at {{review.EntityName}}:

{{review.Votes}} found this useful - Did you? Was this useful? Yes Report

Sorry, there are no reviews.

  • {{settings.pageNumber}} of {{settings.maxPages}}
  • Pages:
  • ... {{page}}

Rankings View more rankings . . .

  • 217th
    Most Liberal Schools
  • 827th
    Most Open-Minded Schools
  • 1180th
    Most Conservative Schools

Student Author Overview

No summaries have been written about this school yet. If you are a student at this school, you should take the college student survey.

Facts & Statistics

African American
10%
Asian
8%
Hispanic
24%
International
4%
Native American
0%
White
44%
Unknown
10%
Historically Black College/University?
No
Tribal College?
No
Out-of-State Students
24%
Common States of Residence
  • California
  • Connecticut
  • Foreign countries
  • New York
  • Pennsylvania
Student Age Breakdown
Under 18: 1%
18-19: 26%
20-21: 25%
22-24: 23%
25+: 25%
Female Faculty
43%
Male Faculty
57%
Faculty Diversity
African American: 4%
Asian American: 10%
Hispanic: 5%
International: 0%
Native American: 0%
White: 80%
Unknown: 1%

Student Polls

How would you best describe your personal political beliefs?    Based on 44 responses

  • 5% Libertarian
  • 16% Not sure
  • 5% Very conservative
  • 9% Conservative
  • 27% Moderate
  • 20% Liberal
  • 18% Progressive/very liberal

How would you best describe the political beliefs of campus as a whole?    Based on 44 responses

  • 5% Libertarian
  • 0% Very conservative
  • 0% Conservative
  • 27% Moderate
  • 27% Not sure
  • 30% Liberal
  • 11% Progressive/very liberal

How diverse is the student body in the following areas?    Based on 41 responses

Totally homogenous
Extremely diverse
  • Economic status
  • Ethnic heritage
  • National origin (international students)
  • Political affiliation
  • Religious background
  • Sexual orientation

How diverse is your personal circle of friends in the following areas?    Based on 40 responses

Totally homogenous
Extremely diverse
  • Economic status
  • Ethnic heritage
  • National origin (international students)
  • Political affiliation
  • Religious background
  • Sexual orientation

How accepting is the campus community as a whole toward someone who falls into the minority (ethnic, sexual, or religious)?    Based on 44 responses

  • 7% It's hard to be a minority here.
  • 7% The campus is split on its acceptance-not all minority groups are as accepted as others.
  • 23% Most students are accepting, except for a few rare cases of intolerance.
  • 64% Very accepting.

Videos

4
pageviews remaining

Non-registered users are limited to 5 school profile page views per month.

Register for free to gain full access!